Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 30 - Casting a Web

Now that I've started this blog, I've been looking for other crafty blogs. I've found a bunch through blog swaps on Etsy. I've also been following links to see where it takes me.

I've found that there are a lot of sites, like Inspire Me Thursday where people all post on a common theme. This week's theme is soup. Last week it was peeling paint.

I like the idea of these types of challenges because they can give you that little spark of inspiration. Some days I don't really know what to do. I stare at the paper and it stares back at me. Blank, white paper can be awfully intimidating especially when you don't have the greatest confidence in what you are doing to begin with.

One of the challenges or contests I immediately was drawn to was the Black Hearts Anti-Valentine Challenge over at Dabbled. I was immediately inspired, drawing all sorts of things from broken hearts to black hearts. Envisioning cards and jewelry all with that theme. I loved it.

Even though I am married and have a built in Valentine, I can remember many years where I didn't. I hated Valentine's Day because it was a reminder that you were alone. So channeling those memories will make the contest more fun.

If this goes well or if I just have a ton of fun, I think I'll be doing more of this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment