Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 23 - A Little Bit of Everything

I'm trying to find a rhythm when it comes to crafting everyday. The easiest thing is to do it after Bunny has gone down for the night. I can pick something up and work while I'm watching TV.

But somedays that just doesn't work. Then I try to do something during a spare minute or while she's occupied doing something else. I'll pick up the sweater, thinking maybe today I can make some headway on it. I'll doodle a little in my sketch book using whatever is at hand (even crayons). I just try to make an effort to do something, no matter how small.

Yesterday was one of those days. My husband was out of town for a few days. I wasn't sleeping well. Bunny wasn't sleeping well. We were both coming down with colds. It would just be so easy not to do anything. But that's the thing with this challenge, I have to move beyond what is easy and just make something. So I dabbled with a little bit of everything - crochet, drawing, jewelry and even baking (homemade cupcakes are an easy way to entertain your child for an hour).

In the end I don't feel like I accomplished anything of substance but I tried and that is the most important thing.

1 comment:

  1. The most important thing is that you are *thinking* about being creative on a daily basis. Your small efforts count. Misson accomplished!

    ReplyDelete