Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 29 - Why Juniper and Coffee?


The simple answer is I have no idea. I was trying to come up with a blog name and was running through a bunch in my head. I wanted it to be something that could mean different things to different people but wouldn't be so easily identifiable as a "design blog".

When I first started blogging way back in 2006, I named my blog ReneeDesigns. It was a no brainer. That was the name of my business. But I never really got into a groove blogging over there. It felt like all I could do was talk about my business. So I did't really blog very much.

Then I started my family blog But Why Mommy. It was also a no brainer. I was the mother of a toddler, she asked why all the time. Even though the title pigenholes me as a "mommy blogger", I didn't mind. I have so much material from my life with my family that I keep blogging for a long time.

But this blog was different. I was going to be blogging about my crafting experiement but I wasn't exactly sure where it was going to take me. I have some ideas percolating in my head about where I would like it to go. And those ideas are not just about me and what I do. So I wracked my brain for that perfect title and I couldn't come up with one.

Juniper had been in my mind for a while. There was a restaraunt in my neighborhood called Juniper61. I drove past the sign all the time so the name just stuck with me. But it lacked something. And then it hit me - coffee. I love coffee. Everyone loves coffee. It also seemed to go well with Juniper so the name stuck.

The picture above is another ATC with my interpretation of a juinper leaf.

1 comment:

  1. I like that anecdote how you came up with your name! Me, I'm still in the "this is a blog about my handmade biz" mode, but I try to sprinkle bits of life here and there to make up for it :D

    ReplyDelete