Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 19 - Back to Basics


Sometimes life gets a little crazy. You would rather spend your free time napping or zoning out in front of the TV than doing anything of substance.

I could have done this or I could have done that but I just couldn't bring myself to make the effort. I wanted ease and simplicity yesterday. Something that I could do without thinking but something that would yeild a beautiful result.

Yesterday I walked into my craft room and looked at everything I had there. The unused sewing machine, the paints, the canvas, the yarn none of it was appealing to me. I opened a box of beads and just knew what to do. So I decided to go back to basics, back to jewelry.

The easiest piece of jewlery for me to make is earrings. I can make a pair in 10 minutes. I can't tell you the number of times I've been getting ready to go out and thought I need some new earrings to go with this outfit. So I pull out my supplies and make a pair as easy as that.

I found some pretty beads, grabbed some wire and my tools and went to town. I first hung both beads from the same earwire. The effect was pretty but it was heavier than I was looking for so I separated them. Instead I got two pairs that I can wear anytime and I like that.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of needing an accessory to go with an outfit and then just whipping one up from scratch. Amazing...

    ReplyDelete