Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 13 - Valley of the Dolls


Yesterday's brief and gramatically incorrect posting showed some figures I had traced out of fashion magazines. I've been interested in fashion design for a while (heck I even took a design class which was hampered by my distinct lack of sewing ability) and I was looking for a way to incorporate it into my art.




A while back I made some paperdoll earrings with the dolls cut out of magzines. I tried making little outfits for them but I never quite got it right. So when I started this little project I knew I would play around with the dolls again.

I am working on my drawing skill but I don't feel comfortable enough drawing figures yet. So I decided to trace the images and cut them out of paper for this first go 'round. I then took some hand-painted paper to make the dress for the dolly. I think its pretty cute, but I would love to create some more involved designs for the dolls. You'll probably be seeing some more of these creations in the coming days and weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment