Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 28 - Blossoming


When I first started selling my jewlery I made a lot of interesting pieces using twisted wire. I called them blossoms because they looked like abstract flowers. I loved making these pieces, every time I started one it turned out completely different than what I had in my head but still beautiful.

One of these pieces got me a mention in Women's Wear Daily (in a piece about Milwaukee boutiques). To date this is one of the coolest things that has ever happened to me. It made me feel like a real designer. Some day I hope to reach those heights again.

I decided to use that blossom design as my logo for my business. I didn't possess the skills to do that myself, so I turned to a talented graphic artist on Etsy, Krystan to make some business cards for me. She came up with a really cool design using my blossom pieces as inspiration.

I've been thinking a lot about those necklaces and the design that Krystan came up with for me lately. I was wondering if it would still work. I don't really do those pieces any more. I have one in the shop, but I haven't been making them.

So I decided to play with the logo I already had. Could I make it work for me now? Today's piece is an ATC using the logo as inspiration. Its pretty close to the original but now I'm thinking of ways to expand and change it up for who I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment