Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 33 - Starting Is Good But Finishing Is Better

So I am 33 days into this little project and I've learned a few things about myself.

First I am a bit of a magpie when it comes to my crafting. I fit the definintion of a person who collects things widely and indiscriminately. I flit from project to project. If it strikes my fancy at the moment I will follow where it leads. Its like every day I see something shiny that distracts me, which leads to my second discovery . . .

I can start projects with the best of them but I don't always finish. Sometimes its because I get distracted easily. Newer is always better. But its also has something to do with my perfectionism. If I can't get it just so, if its not right or perfect, I toss it aside in frustration. I started this sweater for my friend's daughter but for the life of me I cannot get the skirt of the sweater right. I have worked and reworked it but it just does not come out like its supposed to. So it sits there taunting me in a pile of other unfinished projects.

Maybe bigger isn't better for me. Maybe I need to work on small, discrete projects so I can actually accomplish something. Or maybe I just need to follow that shiny muse to see where she takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment