Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Rummage and What Is Left

I struggle with stuff.  Not doing of stuff but the having of stuff.  I like stuff.  Having stuff around makes me feel better.  I have the things I might need ... someday.

I also hate stuff.  I hate that we have too much stuff.  I hate that we have junky stuff.  I hate that our stuff is all over.  Having stuff around makes me feel anxious.  I have things that I will never need ... ever.

So we had a rummage sale this weekend.  We sold some stuff and we hauled the rest to Goodwill.  The stuff was out of our house.  I breathed a sigh of relief.  Stuff was gone, we had space.

But then I looked around and noticed there was still stuff everywhere.  Bins full of kids toys and books were gone but bins full of kids toys and books remained.  Paperwork overflowed.  There was not enough space for what we had.  That sigh of relief turned into a gasp of panic.

A beginning was made but so much work still needs to be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment